TERMS AND CONDITIONS – THE CHEFS’ LINE - SERIES 2
You must indicate your acceptance of these terms and conditions below by checking the box signifying your agreement where indicated if you wish to participate in 'The Chefs' Line - Series 2'.
I, the applicant named in this Application, agree that in consideration for the labour and expense of Eureka Productions Pty Ltd as producer (“Producer”) in making arrangements relating to my application for the first series of the Australian television program provisionally titled ‘The Chefs' Line - Series 2 ' (“Program”) and the opportunity provided to me to potentially appear in or in association with the Program, I consent to the filming and recording of such contribution and my involvement in the auditioning process and the Program on the terms and conditions specified below:
1. I am at least 18 years of age and if so required will supply a copy of my birth certificate or passport to confirm such.
2. Neither I nor any member of my immediate family or anyone living in my household are or have been within the last two (2) years an employee, officer, director or agent of any of the following:
a) Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (“SBS”), its affiliated entities, or any television station owned and operated by SBS;
In addition, Producer and SBS reserve the right to render ineligible any person whom any of them determines, in their sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration or distribution of the Program, such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
3. If selected as a Program participant I will execute all waivers and release agreements required by Producer and SBS and any of their licensees, successors or assigns.
4. I will be available for the production of the Program for approximately 2-3 days between May and/or June 2018 and am willing to travel to various locations as part of the production.
5. I am willing to submit to the Producer conducting a background check (such as criminal record) on me if requested.
6.I hereby give the following representations, warranties, acknowledgements, consents and releases:
(a) I hereby represent, warrant, acknowledge and agree that:
i. I have read and I meet and agree to be bound by the above eligibility requirements;
ii. I will abide by the terms and conditions of the Program and any promotion or publicity relating to the Program as advised from time to time by the Producer and will accept the decision of the Producer as final;
iii. I have completed this application and will complete all forms associated with the Program honestly and accurately and I agree that the answers and information I will supply in such forms and otherwise to the Producer will be in no way misleading. I furthermore acknowledge that the Producer reserves the right exercisable at any time at its sole discretion to disqualify me from the Program or casting process should I at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details or information or otherwise be in breach of the terms contained herein. Accordingly, I understand that if any of the information in this application is found to be false or incomplete, this will be grounds for dismissal from the Program if I am selected;
iv. Even if I meet the eligibility requirements, the Producer has no obligation to interview me, and/or select me as a participant. I will only be contacted by the Producer if I am chosen to be involved in the Program by the Producer. If I do not hear back from the Producer I will assume that my application has not been successful;
v. Even if I am selected as a participant, the Producer has no obligation to record my involvement in it and SBS has no obligation to broadcast it or my involvement in it, even if conducted;
vi. all decisions by the Producer concerning selection of applicants is final and not subject to challenge or appeal;
vii. the Producer has no obligation to return any materials submitted by me as part of the application whether or not I am selected as a participant; and
viii. I have not and will not enter into any commercial or other sponsorship agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of my appearance in the Program.
7. If I am chosen to be a participant in the Program, I agree to participate in the recording, publicity and promotion of the Program to the best of my ability, co-operating with SBS and the Producer in being available at dates, times and locations as required and following all reasonable and lawful directions.
8. I agree and consent to (a) being recorded for the Program and for that recording to be edited and used in any form of media (now known or yet to be invented) in perpetuity, and (b) for the Producer, SBS and any other party with the right to use the Program to include and use in the Program my name, voice, likeness, image and information collected about me during the application process.
9. If I am selected to be a participant in the Program, I agree not to appear in or enter any agreement for the production, creation or development of any other television program or other content in Australia up to the date of first broadcast of the Program and for 3 months after the end of the first broadcast of the Program without the prior consent of the Producer.
10. The Producer or SBS may update these terms at any time.
11. I understand and agree that the Producer owns all intellectual property rights in and to the Program and any material created for the Program, and I assign to the Producer any rights in any material I create for the Program immediately upon its creation.
12. If I have any Moral Rights (as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) in any material created for the Program, I consent to any acts that would otherwise infringe my Moral Rights.
13. I agree to keep confidential any information I become aware of about the business of the Producer or SBS, the application process and the Program, and my participation in the Program. I agree to contact the Producer if I am not sure what information is confidential. I will only disclose confidential information if required by law. I will not make any public statement or publish any confidential (including by social media) without the consent of the Producer.
14. The Producer, SBS, and third party organisations contracting to the Producer or SBS may have access to my personal information. I understand my information will be used for this application process and may be stored by those organisations after the Program is complete and the information may be used to contact me about other related programs, opportunities or business which those organisations consider is appropriate for me. All information is kept in accordance with the Privacy Act.
15. To the extent permitted by law, I release the Producer and SBS from any liability arising from my participation in the application process or the Program. If I have any action against the Producer or SBS, I agree that my only remedy will be for damages, and that in no circumstances will I seek any injunctive or specific performance orders in relation to the Program and I waive any rights to those remedies.
16. These terms and conditions do not create any employment, partnership or joint venture relationship with the Producer or SBS. These terms and conditions are governed by the law of New South Wales.